The Virtual Repairman's  Appliance Help Forum Index The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help
It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bookmark and Share
magtag neptune mah7500 speed indicator error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help Forum Index -> Washing Machines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmanry
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: magtag neptune mah7500 speed indicator error Reply with quote

Hello,
My Neptune is coming up with speed indicator error. This developed after washing a feather mattress pad which was apparently too large. It now will start to fill, make a partial spin and then bring up this error. Is this something I can fix? If not, what do you think the cost will be.
Thanks
Virtual Repairman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: error Reply with quote

I can tell you exacty what it is, show you a video on how to fix it and how much it will cost....speed indicator issues mean a bad motor/motor control.

You need the motor and control kit, one simple package...

See the following link:

http://repair2000.com/neptune_parts.htm#control

You can shop around if you like, but I bet my prices are still the best.
rmanry
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: New washer Reply with quote

Hi,
We will get it. Is it something my husband can install without being a repairman? In the meantime, we are going to get a new washer and dryer. We have wanted a set upstairs and just never gotten one. Do you recommend a brand? We were looking at GE profile, LG or samsung.
Thanks
Virtual Repairman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: repairs Reply with quote

Yes, your husband can do the repair. The kit has very good instructions included.

Regarding your choice for upstairs, why not stick with Whirlpool Duet or the Maytag Neptune? The Neptunes are currently made by Samsung, so they are basically the same. GE is not a stable company right now, nor do I hasten to recommend their products due to high repair parts costs later. The LG is also hard to get service and parts for in a timely manner. None of the brands are necessarily superior, but you have to look at the practical side.
rmanry
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Help-need part Reply with quote

Hi,
We finally installed the motor and control board. Works perfect. Now we need a new seal for the drum (gasket) not sure what it is called. There is a small hole in ours. We also need a belt. Bought one with the motor and control board and it is the wrong size. Can you point me in the right direction. Thanks for the advice with the motor and control board.
Virtual Repairman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: belt Reply with quote

There is only one belt for this machine (12001788). It is supposed to be somewhat hard to install but it is not too small. To install it, place the right end over the motor shaft and with the left hand, feed the other side around the large center pulley, turning the pulley to the left to help feed the belt on as you hold it with the left hand. It will be difficult to get on, but will do so. Once the belt is in place, it can be centered on the main pulley by adjusting the right side on the motor pulley grooves until it is centered. Rotating the large pulley while pushing or pulling the belt slightly on the motor pulley will get it into the right groove to align it on the big wheel. The next step is to run it in a spin cycle to get the belt acclimated to the machine.

The door boot for the machine is shown below and you may click to order.

Boot-

Last edited by Virtual Repairman on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
rmanry
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: belt Reply with quote

Thanks.
Somehow we bought belt 33002535. Not sure why..think we added it to our cart at the last minute, not realizing it was the wrong one. Thanks for the part numbers. What an awesome service you have here. The washer runs like it is brand new and with the boot and the belt, it will be like new. Anything with the matching dryer that I need to replace.
Thanks
Jenny
rmanry
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: stacking kit Reply with quote

We ended up buying a Whirlpool Cabrio for downstairs and plan to stack the maytag neptunes upstairs. Thus why we were able to let them sit so long. Do you have the stacking kit in your store?
Thanks
rmanry
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: STACKING KIT Reply with quote

MALE027AXX
Virtual Repairman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: neptunes Reply with quote

As far as I know, those MAH7500's cannot be stacked. Maytag makes a super-stack model which is a stack Neptune washer and dryer, but they are in one cabinet.

Virtual Repairman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: STACKING KIT Reply with quote

rmanry wrote:
MALE027AXX

That part number is for the MAH5700 set only.... not the MAH 7500. How would you possibly reach the controls on the dryer? Smile

MAH5700- stackable

MAH7500 series- not stackable

rmanry
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

My point exactly. However, the person at Lowe's told my husband that it could be stacked. I have said repeatedly that there is no way! We will move to option 2.
rmanry
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Boot installation Reply with quote

We have room to set them side by side. (Thank goodness). Do you have instructions on how to install the boot?
Thanks
Virtual Repairman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: boot Reply with quote

The instructions are in the boot kit, so anything I might offer would be redundant. If the kit arrives sheetless, let me know. The full instructions on how to repair everything on the Neptune is on the downloadable manual on my main website. The manual is for the MAH300 and 4000 series, but the mechanical stuff applies to you as well and contains specific instructions on changing the boot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help Forum Index -> Washing Machines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: